The Telugu Desam Party today said the Centre should amend the Constitution of India to provide reservation to Muslims in educational institutions and jobs. Reacting to “There should not be a quota within quota (of OBCs). The Congress, both in AP and at the Centre, has been cheating Muslims on the reservation issue. The 4.5 per cent reservation was provided in haste on the eve of the UP Assembly elections to garner votes. The only way to ensure proper quota is through a constitutional amendment,” Chandrababu asserted. the quashing by the AP High Court of the reservation sub-quota for Muslims, TDP president Chandrababu Naidu said the Centre should create exclusive quota for Muslims by bringing in a constitutional amendment. http://www.indianexpress.com/news/amend-constitution-to-provide-reservation-to-muslims-chandrababu-naidu/955238/
The central government has eased norms for setting up power units in SEZs. The government has exempted power firms from the positive net foreign exchange obligation applicable to regular units in such enclaves. According to the new guidelines, power plants can be set up by developers and co-developers in the processing area (where export units are present) as well as in the non-processing area with social infrastructure, including houses, schools and hospitals. Link: http://www.projectsmonitor.com/ELECTRICITY/centre-eases-norms-for-power-units-in-sez
1. Chandra Babu Naidu plans protest against SEZs on his Birthday. On his 63rd birthday which falls on April 20, Opposition leader N Chandrababu Naidu will launch a protest against SEZ lands. Naidu has decided to join hands with the agitating farmers against Kakinada SEZ in East Godavari on that day.
2. Coffee Day Group brews Rs 400-cr expansion plan. Plans for SEZ, logistics and coffee chain, among other segments.
3. From paralysis to ‘action station’.
4. World Bank Prescribes some bitter medicine for India‘s economic growth. The World Bank has prescribed some bitter medicine for reviving accelerated growth in the Indian economy. While some of the prescriptions, such as containing fiscal deficit and reducing subsidies, are the same, others like addressing concerns over power production, scams impairing growth in telecom sector and the need to reforms in the agricultural sector are new. Link: http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/industry-and-economy/article3317904.ece
5. Andhra: CPI Demands Scrapping of Kakinada SEZ. http://news.outlookindia.com/items.aspx?artid=759660