A large number of farmers conducted a rally in Tuni town of East Godavari district in protest against the government’s failure in supplying the seeds to farming community. They demanded the government to control the black market. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/topic/protest
1. Chandra Babu Naidu plans protest against SEZs on his Birthday. On his 63rd birthday which falls on April 20, Opposition leader N Chandrababu Naidu will launch a protest against SEZ lands. Naidu has decided to join hands with the agitating farmers against Kakinada SEZ in East Godavari on that day.
2. Coffee Day Group brews Rs 400-cr expansion plan. Plans for SEZ, logistics and coffee chain, among other segments.
3. From paralysis to ‘action station’.
4. World Bank Prescribes some bitter medicine for India‘s economic growth. The World Bank has prescribed some bitter medicine for reviving accelerated growth in the Indian economy. While some of the prescriptions, such as containing fiscal deficit and reducing subsidies, are the same, others like addressing concerns over power production, scams impairing growth in telecom sector and the need to reforms in the agricultural sector are new. Link: http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/industry-and-economy/article3317904.ece
5. Andhra: CPI Demands Scrapping of Kakinada SEZ. http://news.outlookindia.com/items.aspx?artid=759660