Typhoon Haiyan Cuts a Path of Destruction Across The Philippines
Philippines: Typhoon and Rescue news updates – 12 November,2013
1. Philippines Storm Update: More Calamity Ahead as Zoraida Finally Enters, Threat Low Compared to Typhoon Haiyan/Yolanda (Photos): http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/521349/20131112/philippines-storm-zoraida-haiyan-yolanda.htm#.UoHdSHC-r_k
2. ‘Worse than hell’ in typhoon-ravaged Philippines: http://edition.cnn.com/2013/11/10/world/asia/philippines-typhoon-haiyan/
3. As it happened: Typhoon Haiyan hits Philippines: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-24863480
4. Live updates: The Philippines recovers from deadly Typhoon Haiyan: http://www.mercurynews.com/news/ci_24495025?source=inthenews
5. Aid efforts begin after typhoon Haiyan kills 10,000 in Philippines – Sunday’s developments: http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/nov/10/typhoon-haiyan-kills-10000-in-philippines-live-updates
Super typhoon Haiyan, likely the strongest storm to form on the planet this year, is heading toward a Friday morning landfall in the Philippines, posing an extremely serious threat to the central part of the archipelago.
The death toll from a 7.2-magnitude earthquake that struck the central Philippine island of Bohol on Tuesday rose to 93, as rescuers struggled to reach patients in a collapsed hospital.
CEBU CITY — More than 14,000 families in Central Visayas suffered as a result of the 6.9-magnitude earthquake that hit parts of the region last Monday. Of the total 73,377 persons displaced, at least 4,265 persons remained Wednesday in evacuation centers — hungry, thirsty and far too afraid to return home.
THE death toll from a powerful earthquake that struck the central Philippines has risen to 99 and will likely climb further as rescuers reach isolated areas, authorities say.